Monday, April 21, 2008

The Maryland Daffodil Society


Today for a creative caffeine exercise i went out to walk around my neighborhood, determined to find at least 10 beautiful things in nature. I was having a bad day so this was kind of a relaxation/homework assignment( i was multi-tasking). While i was out exploring i decided to get ice cream from The Shops at Kenilworth mall, where i was surprised to see rows and rows of tables being set up all with different types of daffodils displayed on them.

I had stumbled upon the Mid-Atlantic Regional Show of the American Daffodil Society. it was really neat to see all these people participating in this event that i had no idea existed. There were 13 categories of daffodils being showed including Double Daffodil Cultivars, Split-Corona Daffodil Cultivars and Trumpet Daffodil Cultivars, to name a few.

Flowers have always been an inspiration to me. There is so much variety, even with in the same type of flower,there are always new things to explore.


Nature is amazing and always brightens my day!

3 comments:

Liz Steiner said...

If you want to see some amazing metal work dealing with flowers, check out Barbie Gossen's work on flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20401237@No7

Liz Steiner said...

Sorry, that's a bad link. Just go to my flickr site, I have her listed as a contact.

Jangrrrrl said...

Good job on the blog, Jo- increase in activity.

I actually picked one of these daffodils from my yard yesterday- the one with the cream/peach-like center. Have you been to Longwood Gardens? Gardening, plants, nature so cool.